This exciting joint venture between London Sculpture Workshop and Morley college offers a 6 week sculpture workshop residency opportunity.
With well resourced and equipped sculpture facilities at our workshop, artists can work independently developing individual sculptural projects with access to studio equipment and technician support throughout. You will receive guidance and tutorials on your projects for part of the course hours from visiting artist, Victoria Rance, to help you develop and critique your project in a constructive and supportive environment. At the end of each course there will be a pop up exhibition in the studio for all participants of completed work.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
– Work independently developing individual sculptural projects, knowledge and skills through peer mentoring and professional feedback
– Learn and practice good studio Health and safety with various processes, machinery and tools
– Explore and practice different construction techniques with various materials
– Explore and practice some welding and metal fabricating techniques
– Explore and practice some mould making and casting techniques
Please bring overalls, steel toe capped boots or strong covered shoes and sketch books with ideas to start your projects.
Studio materials will be charged for separately.
Course cost: Full fee £435, Concession fee £350, Senior fee £390
Course date: Tuesday 29th October, Tuesday 5th, Tuesday 12th, Tuesday 19th, Tuesday 26th & Tuesday 3rd December
Course times: 10am-1pm & 2pm – 4pm
Tutor: Victoria Rance
For further information please email email@example.com or visit Morley College website.